Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Purple & Stripes

Hello everyone! I'm really excited to show you what I have on my nails right now. This manicure was inspired by pretty much copied from my favorite blogger, The Nailasaurus. Her amazing version can be seen here. I've switched up the colors a bit and I really like how this came out.
 
 
Striping tape is a new technique for me and I think I did pretty well for my first time. I had a little trouble with forgetting which bits of tape I put down first and tried to pull them up in the wrong order on a few fingers. Other than that it was a really easy technique. I can't wait to try it again with different color combinations.
 
 
More pictures after the jump.

I'm also trying out the new light box I made in this post. Some pictures were taken in the box with a white background, some with a black background and some outside in indirect sunlight. I'm really liking how the pictures came out in the box with the white background. They seem to be the most true to real life color. What do you think? Let me know in the comments which of pictures you like best. 
 
 
What I used:
striping tape
Gold- Nina Ultra Pro, Big Spender
Light purple- Ulta, Vintage Violet
Dark purple- Victoria's Secret, Game On
 

 And here are two more of the exact same picture in different lighting.



No comments:

Post a Comment