Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Laid-Back 31 DC: Inspired by Fabric

I've been looking forward to this challenge for a while. I love when my nails match my clothes and do it intentionally as much as I can. Today's manicure took it beyond matching the colors and actually matches the fabric itself. I copied the pattern from one of my favorite skirts and I really like how it turned out.
 
 


I painted two coats of Sally Hansen, White Tip and then used the round tip of the brush from the bottle of Wet n Wild, Black Creme to make rough circle shapes. I filled in the spaces between the dots with a small nail art brush and more Black Creme.


Keep reading after the jump for a fabric inspired pedi from the archives.
 


I painted this last summer to match my bikini top. It was really fun to wear, but sadly I don't think I ever had an excuse to go swimming while this was on my toes.

 
It's funny to see how far I've come in just a few short months. I think I'm already much better at free handing straight lines and probably clean-up too. I might have to recreate this one again this summer.
 


1 comment: